Media Sign-Up Open for World Economic Forum Sustainable Development Impact Summit
- Fifth annual Sustainable Development Impact Summit to take place virtually from 20 to 23 September 2021
- Leaders to shape new trajectory of progress towards protecting the planet
- New technologies, innovative policies and advancing global partnerships are key focus areas
- Reminder: Media sign-up is now open
Geneva, Switzerland, 20 August 2021 – Media sign-up is now open for the World Economic Forum’s annual Sustainable Development Impact Summit 20 to 23 September 2021.
Taking place in the context of the United Nations General Assembly, the summit convenes under the theme Shaping an Equitable, Inclusive and Sustainable Recovery. It will welcome almost leaders from government, business and civil society who will work together to drive action and build momentum for a more sustainable and inclusive future.
The meeting will examine four interdependent areas and bring together communities of purpose to advance ongoing project work. Impact sessions, and briefings will focus on:
- Revitalizing economies
- Advancing an inclusive recovery
- Scaling up climate action
- Shaping future food systems
Leaders from civil society are crucial stakeholders at Forum events - they bring unique perspectives and expertise to drive changes. Cultural influencers, philosophers, artists, scientists, and academics will participate throughout the week.
Cross-disciplinary leaders from the Forum’s Global Future Councils, the world’s foremost knowledge network, as well as youth voices from the Global Shapers, Young Global Leaders, Technology Pioneers and UpLink communities will also play active roles.
Members of the media who sign up as reporting press will have access to issue briefings and media sessions, networking opportunities with senior executives and global innovators, and embargoed reports and company announcements. Closer to the meeting dates, registered media will receive a confirmation package with meeting related updates and embargoed materials.
Here are some of the sessions and issues that will be advanced at the summit, see the full programme here:
- Greening the Economic Recovery
- Tackling Inequality in a Decade of Action
- Women's Leadership in Times of Crisis
- Trade for Tomorrow
- Reimagining the Global Tax System
- Global Implications of the European Green Recovery
- Financing the Net-Zero Future
- The Future of Manufacturing by 2030
- Towards Sustainable Cryptocurrencies
- Breaking Silos to Achieve Food and Climate Security
Notes to editors
Read the Summit Overview
Follow the Forum on social platforms: Twitter via @wef@davos | Instagram | LinkedIn | TikTok | Weibo |
Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook
Watch Forum videos
Learn about the Forum’s impact
Subscribe to Forum news releases and Podcasts
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. (www.weforum.org).
- LYFtvNews En - World Economic Forum Virtual Global Collaboration
- LYFtvNews En : World Economic Forum Annual Meeting rescheduled to 22-26 May
- LYFtvNews En - Davos - Volodymyr Zelenskyy, President of Ukraine, Addresses World Economic Forum
- En - Fr :World Economic Forum : Global Action in Fighting Plastic Pollution
- LyftvnewsEn : World Economic Forum - Over 50 Companies Reporting on Stakeholder Capitalism Metrics
Permission de ce forum:Vous pouvez répondre aux sujets dans ce forum
Agenda (Carnets d'actus)
Annonces (applications, sites internet, startups...)
Communication (presse, web, médias)
Culture et loisirs