Davos-Klosters, Switzerland, 23 May 2022 – The World Economic Forum is embarking on an ambitious new journey to harness the potential of the metaverse as a platform for collaborative, inclusive and effective international action.
The Forum, in collaboration with Accenture and Microsoft, is building a Global Collaboration Village as the virtual future of public-private cooperation. It will provide immersive spaces where stakeholders can convene, create and take action on the world’s most pressing challenges.
World Economic Forum Unveils Virtual Global Collaboration Village as the Future of Strong Public-Private Cooperation
- The Forum today unveils a major initiative at the Annual Meeting 2022 in Davos to harness the power of the metaverse to grow and diversify participation in advancing the global public interest
- The Global Collaboration Village will leverage new technology to shape innovative solutions for critical global challenges
- For more information on the Annual Meeting, visit www.wef.ch/wef22 or use #wef22 on social media
“Since our founding in 1971, the Forum has served as a platform where business, government, civil society and other stakeholders can come together to address critical global issues,” said Klaus Schwab, the Forum’s Founder and Executive Chairman. “The metaverse will influence the way, people, governments, companies and society at large think, work, interact and communicate for the purpose of collectively addressing issues on the global agenda. The Global Collaboration Village will be an extension of the World Economic Forum’s public private platforms and in-person meetings and will provide a more open, more sustained and more comprehensive process for coming together.”
Julie Sweet, Chair and CEO of Accenture, said: “While the metaverse is only in its early days, it already holds great promise, not only for redefining how organizations work and interact but also for fostering effective public-private partnerships. We are pleased to collaborate with the World Economic Forum and Microsoft in creating the Global Collaboration Village and pioneering a trusted metaverse space. This will complement the Forum’s real-world collaborations and invite a range of diverse stakeholders to come together to address the world’s most critical challenges and innovate a more sustainable future for all.”
The Global Collaboration Village will bring together key global stakeholders – international organizations, governments, partner companies and civil society organizations – to imagine alternative futures, explore ideas in an immersive way and envision what the future world could be. The Forum aims to be a pioneer within this new space and bring together others to co-create within it.
Key aims of the Global Collaboration Village
- Global cooperation – To create a new virtual space where global interaction can be enhanced and cooperative solutions found
- Interactivity – To provide immersive experiences to foster a better understanding of key global challenges
- Inclusivity – To offer a collaborative public space where broad participation in discussions about pressing global issues is both encouraged and enabled
- Impact – The platform and all of its goals are geared towards catalysing more effective individual and collective action following the Forum’s mission statement and commitment to improving the state of the world
About the launch of the Global Cooperation Village
The World Economic Forum, in collaboration with the Strategic Partners Accenture and Microsoft, presented the overall concept and architecture of the Global Collaboration Village, as well as a proof-of-concept of the experience and functionality, at the Annual Meeting 2022.
This launch is the first step on a new journey. The Forum will continue to develop the Global Collaboration Village, together with a founding partners group, over the coming months and years, with the aim of turning the metaverse into a place where international cooperation can be strengthened and re-energized.
In addition, the Forum is launching a new initiative on Defining and Building the Metaverse, which convenes more than 60 leading companies from technology and other sectors alongside experts from governments, academia and civil society to accelerate the development of governance and policy frameworks for the metaverse and strengthen economic and social value creation opportunities. This initiative and the Global Collaboration Village will help shape the foundations of the metaverse to truly create an equitable, interoperable and safe digital environment from the onset.
About the Annual Meeting 2022
For over 50 years, the World Economic Forum has been the international organization for public-private cooperation. The Annual Meeting is the focal point for leaders to accelerate the partnerships needed to tackle global challenges and shape a more sustainable and inclusive future. Convening under the theme, History at a Turning Point: Government Policies and Business Strategies, the Annual Meeting 2022 and its 450 sessions bring together global leaders from business, government and civil society. Learn more about the programme and view sessions live and on-demand.
Notes to editors
Learn about the Forum’s impact on http://wef.ch/impact
Watch live webcasts of sessions and get more information about the meeting at www.wef.ch/wef22
Guide to how to follow and embed sessions on your website at www.wef.ch/howtofollow
View the best photos from the event at https://www.flickr.com/photos/worldeconomicforum/
Read the Forum Agenda at http://wef.ch/agenda
Become a fan of the Forum on Facebook at http://wef.ch/facebook
Watch Forum videos at http://wef.ch/video
Listen to the Forum’s podcasts at http://wef.ch/podcasts
Follow the Forum on Instagram at http://wef.ch/instagram
Follow the Forum on LinkedIn at http://wef.ch/linkedin
Subscribe to Forum news releases at http://wef.ch/news
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation. The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas. (www.weforum.org).
- En - Fr :World Economic Forum : Global Action in Fighting Plastic Pollution
- LYFtvNews En - World Economic Forum
- LYFtvNews En : World Economic Forum Annual Meeting rescheduled to 22-26 May
- LYFtvNews En - Davos - Volodymyr Zelenskyy, President of Ukraine, Addresses World Economic Forum
- LyftvnewsEn : World Economic Forum - Over 50 Companies Reporting on Stakeholder Capitalism Metrics
Permission de ce forum:Vous pouvez répondre aux sujets dans ce forum